Tuesday, August 3, 2010

what does it mean to move?

Trying to explain a concept to a young child is much harder than explaining an object. The concept of moving to a new house is a bit tricky. And perhaps its hardest for the parents who are never quite sure how "tramatic" the move will be. At this point, while I worry, I probably shouldn't. By every measure, ST seems excited to move. As she has it figured out, at our new home, there will be 1. cows, 2. horses (with barns), and 3. a room for her friend who recently moved away. Well, yes, there will be cows and maybe horses and we will actually live quite close to at least one barn. However, I'm concerned that she'll be sad when she sees that her friend who just moved to California doesn't have a room in her house. Although I repeat this fact to her over and over, I'm not sure how much she's understanding. Maybe she thinks that everybody moves to the same place. That would sort of make sense.

No comments: