To say that Sophie's first practice/game was a total failure would be oversimplifying things, but only by a little.
After taking forever to get the shinguards, socks and cleats on, Sophie walked for about 10 seconds before declaring the shoes hurt her feet. But I was prepared! I brought her tennis shoes, just in case this very senario happened. But here's what I didn't plan for: my daughter absolutely refusing to participate. Instead of lining up with the rest of the kids with her ball to practice, she insisted on clinging to my leg complaining about anything she could think of: heat, shinguards bothering her, etc.
After running practice with Sophie on my back, literally, to keep her from walking around in the middle of the other kids trying to practice, I happily allowed her to go to the playground next to the field.
After practice, we play a short game against another team. I retrieved Sophie from the playground. At that point, she mostly just sat on the side of the field, showing zero interest in playing. She did, however, happily draw on her new ball with a pen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment