I had never thought I'd own a stroller. We ended up owning 3. I put the last one up on sale on craigslist. We haven't used it now for several months. The last time we used it was in summer for a fair. I didn't realize that would be her last time in it.
I have to say, my three strollers were like a mini class on economics. We bought one for $400 + $100 of accessories. this was our main one and we used it the most. During mo. 4-16, Sophie rode in it a lot and it was my favorite. I sold it used for $225. Then I bought one for $15. I hated it. By the time I was done with it, it was rusty and nasty. We gave it away. I bought another one to replace it for $21 new. I'm selling it for $15 just to see if anybody will buy it (there's no babies r us where we live, so I think people won't realize that it only cost a bit more).
While I'm all about reuse, this gives me pause about what side of the equation I want to be on. If I buy new and sell, I get about 50% back, but I have to put the effort in to sell the stuff. If I buy used, I basically pay 1/2 but trash the items when I am done.
Either way, reusing one way or the other pays off: buy it and sell it or buy it used and get the last bit of life out of it.
My newest goal (which I'm really taking with a grain of salt): find something to sell for everything I replace. Sophie wants an advent calendar for X-mas, so something has to get sold. no stroller--no advent calendar. (not really).
Next up for sale in a few months, I think: sophie's tricycle. She's all about her like-bike now. We ride that to school several times a week. When that goes, it means it's time for a real bike, omg!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment