Sunday, February 5, 2012

sophie the swimmer

It wasn't apparent to me how much Sophie has learned to swim until I saw her today. The last few times at the pool she's gone with her dad, so I haven't really seen her swim since Kauai. She's now like a fish in water. If she has her floaties on, she'll swim over to the deep end without pause. If she's in the shallow end, she'll take off her floaties and squirm around. She'll jump off the side of the swimming pool and even take a running start. Now she'll even jump into the shallower end without floaties or anybody to catch her. I think this summer, she's going straight into the advanced class. The only problem is that until she's 4, they won't let her go without a parent. However, it's clear to me, she's itching to take swimming to the next level.

No comments: