Sunday, August 12, 2012
Teletubbies, really? What about Tuscany?
The weekend means Sophie gets to watch TV in the mornings. I just need her to watch about an hour so that I can wake up in a slower, more humane manner. This morning Sophie insisted on watching Teletubbies, a retrograde motion I'm guessing because we didn't let her watch TV when she was younger.
(OMG, she just asked me if she could go to a Teletubbies concert. Ugg, no Sophie we cannot.)
I've been trying to lose myself in a book called Alibis while this abomination is playing on TV. It's a book of essays of mostly travel and life in Europe. Each essay is sort of like a travelogue by a very well-traveled, fairly wealthy and educated individual. His essay on Tuscany produced enough wanderlust to get me to find this website:
http://www.parkervillas.com
I would happily watch Teletubbies from any of these places sipping some Chianti.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment