Tuesday, December 11, 2012
The worst thing ever
We were having a snack of popcorn and orange juice in front of the fireplace before bedtime. She first got grumpy because I took the drink and popcorn and put them there and didn't let her do it. I told her she could take them back and bring them back herself. Then I told her if she spills any, it's all over. And then she spilled the juice and then lost it. tears everywhere saying, 'it's all over.' I told her to just pull it together, stop crying and eat her snacks before it gets too late. Our fun, sweet snacky time, has turned into a messy cry fest. Not fun for anyone. Then she wanted more orange juice. No, not after she's just spilled it. She still had 1/2 a glass. Then she declared this was the worst thing that has ever happened to her. Then I make her tell me exactly what has been the worst thing. "Not having enough orange juice." The overwrought drama was too much and made me break into a lecture about how that was not a real problem. Not having any orange juice is a problem, not being able to afford snacks is a problem, being cold in winter because you can't afford heat is a problem. She actually seemed to reconsider her situation. She finished the rest of her snack and happily went off to brush her teeth and then fell asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment