This morning with a children's book, I found it was hard to engage her attention. She's not a big one for plot and characterization yet. She does like color though, and when she sees a chartreuse she really really likes, she'll flail her arms wildly and flutter her hands against the page, working hard to grab--what exactly I don't know.
I've learned the value of board books though, because: a) they won't give her paper cuts; and b) she's less likely to destroy them when she finally gets a corner into her mouth.
Unfortunately, chartreuse does not taste as good as it looks. This is a bitter disappointment to her, and she'll start to whimper and cry. Then I'll turn the page and distract her with another color and she'll say "Oh! Oh my, periwinkle! Periwinkle must taste WONDERFUL!" (Which sounds something like "oooooer-gah-pzzzzzzzzzth!"). Then the whole process begins anew.
At night, as I try to urge her to sleep, she grabs at my beard, sticks her fingers in my mouth, and pats my cheek as I sing a song.
Once she managed a really good hold on a couple of chest hairs and then cackled with glee when I shrieked.
No comments:
Post a Comment