Tuesday, April 7, 2009
twelve hours and counting
As I write this, it's 8:02 in the morning. Sophie has been asleep since I put her down at 7:58pm. We haven't gotten up once to put her back to sleep, although Mike did get up at 7:30am to make sure she was still breathing. She has been asleep for 12 hours and 4 minutes. This is just short of a miracle. While today is especially amazing, she has been sleeping uninterruptedly for a quite few nights now. We both wake up asking if the other got up in the night. Increasingly the answer is no, nobody got up and nobody heard a peep from her. Which means either we are sleeping harder and don't notice Sophie or she's sleeping better. I think it is more likely the latter. I'd like to think that she's sleeping so well because we've been almost militant with her sleeping habits. In the last six months, she's been put to sleep within 15 minutes of 8:00 probably 95% of the time. Her bedtime routine is sacred and we don't veer from it. Is this is our reward for our diligent work maintaining a reliable schedule for her? Probably not, but I'd like to think so. Regardless, it's now 8:21, twelve hours and counting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YEAH!!! I remember when Mackenzie finally slept through the night. It was joyous and I felt normal again. Can you send some of those vibes this way for Molly! Also, give me a clue about your routine so we can start one! Tracy
Post a Comment