Tuesday, March 9, 2010
things that go bump in the night
At lunch today Sophie's dad and I were talking about how freaked out we are by the idea that Sophie soon won't be sleeping in a crib and that we'll need to get her a toddler bed because it's clear that she is thinking about how to get herself out of the crib on her own. When I lift her out, I try to keep her clear of the sides so that she doesn't even think she can "help" by pushing up on the side or pushing off with her foot. Already both her dad and I have witnessed her lifting her foot up to the edge. I would be totally ok if she was willing to go to bed then at some point in the night just come crawl into bed with us and continue sleeping (sans kicking or rolling around). But I don't think that will be the case. The idea that this small, curious child is roaming the house at night while I sleep simply makes my skin crawl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment