Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Turtles

Today at the Hands On Museum: in the waterplay area with the buckets and funnels and plastic fish.

Sophie was playing with the plastic marine life and had gathered up quite a collection in her corner. She jabbered happily at a turtle. She made an improbably large monster hermit crab go "snap snap!" I asked her if the turtle was a snapping turtle: "does he go snap snap?" I asked.

"No! Baby turtur!"

More jabbering and splashing ensued.

Then a little girl grabbed one of the large turtles Sophie had collected.

"Nooooo! Mine!!!!" she shouted.

I explained that it was important to share, and that she had another large turtle she could play with.

"No, dis MommyDaddy turtur!" she explained, pointing at the baby and the large turtle, who was now apparently a single parent.

Well my heart just melted into a puddle right then and there.

Luckily the other girl soon lost interest, and the turtle family was reunited.

No comments: