Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Great Binkie Blight

Yesterday, or the day before, we reached the beginning of the end of binkies.

Sophie had chewed through her last two to the degree that her mother and I cut most of the rubber sucking part off, leaving just a nubbin.

"Wow! I surprised my binkie break like DIS!" Sophie said when we nervously presented her with our handiwork.

She then proceed to grip the nubbin tightly in her teeth so that she might at least approximate the binkie experience. Her mother turned red trying not to laugh at her.

That night, I looked in on her and found her sleeping on her back, binkie grasped tightly in her teeth.


Today, she somehow came into possession of an unblemished, un-bitten-on binkie. I have no idea where from. She claims to have found it in her room, which is plausible. I half suspect her of pilfering her binkie from her cubby at daycare, or maybe taking it off one of the other kids there.

"Where did you get that?" I ask.

"Over dere," she says, gesturing vaguely.

No comments: