On one of the last pages of Go, Dog. Go! the dogs all reach their big dog party on top of the tree. All sorts of unlikely things are happening here, one of which is a dog about to be shot out of a cannon by another dog.

Sophie noticed this tonight.
"What dis?"
"This dog is getting ready to shoot this dog out of a cannon. He's going to push the button and—pyeeeeew!—this dog will shoot all the way over here. Maybe to the net."
"WHY?!!!"
"I don't know, maybe he ..."
"DIS NO GOOD! DIS ... nnnnNO! GOOD!"
(She really got an angry, growly inflection on that second no, there.)
I must say, she has a point.
-----
Go Dog. Go! has been a particular favorite of late. I'm starting to worry a bit about its influence on her vis-à-vis modeling gender roles, however. She's taken to asking boys on the playground: "You do like my hat?"
Nobody should go through life worried about whether her hat will please the boys. Especially when she's not actually wearing a hat.
No comments:
Post a Comment