Tuesday, August 23, 2011

WAKE UP NOW!

Until this week, I never considered it a problem getting Sophie awake in the morning. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've woken up first in her three years of life. Today, 40 minutes before school started, was one of them.

When I woke her, she asked me to lift her so she was sitting upright in her bed, then to carry her to the sofa, where she was attempting to fall back asleep.

I had to pull out the big guns and offer hot chocolate. She sprang off of the couch and out to the table.

She wasn't the only one running late. I had to make snacks for 23 kids and make her a lunch too this morning.

The only reason she made it to school on time is that we can just about see school from our house. Otherwise, she would have had a bit T for tardy on her permanent record on only the second day of school.

This may be a very long school year for all of us and she's not even in Kindergarden yet.

No comments: