Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools

One of her cartoons had an April Fools episode.

Her magazine talked about April Fools.

She got really really excited about April Fools.

We spent the morning doing things like putting her pants on my head and shouting April Fools! Or saying "I'm a dinosaur duck--April Fools!" Or shouting "Poopie on your head--April Fools!"

Or just "Blargh! April Fools!" and a bunch of tickling and laughter.

And I got carried away.

I know--I knew--she couldn't really be fooled, that that would spoil the fun. But I got carried away, and in a moment of mirth:

"Did you know it snowed last night? It snowed all over!"

And then I watched with a sinking heart as a really excited girl rushed over to the window.

"April Fools!" I said weakly as she turned a visage blank with disappointment and betrayal to face me.

I mean, she got over it, but still.

She was not amused.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh dear. I remember when Mom woke me up for school one April 1st by saying, "Wake up! Don't you want to go see what Santa brought you?!".