Saturday, September 29, 2012

the McD secret almost got out

Sophie still doesn't know what McDonalds is. She has no idea who Ronald is nor does she know that those ubiquitous golden arches mean anything. The secret almost got out today. She went on a playdate with a friend to feed the fish/ducks at the nearby pond. However, afterward the mom took them to get an ice cream at our local McDonalds unbeknownst to me. After dropping Sophie off back at home, I realized the wrapper around her ice cream was from McDs. So she's now been there--or at least the drive-thru (I don't even want to ask for fear of reminding her of that place). The one in our town is fairly low keyed since it mostly feeds college-aged kids, so my sense is that she didn't even realize where she was. At least I hope not. I'm guessing we'll find out on our next road trip.

No comments: