Saturday, August 29, 2009
Cavitation
Good hygiene is a priority for Sophie. This is due largely to the fact that she’s fascinated with cavitation, you know, the formation of bubbles. She loves bubbles. She’ll wash her hands at any given opportunity because it gives her the chance to use the soap to work up a lathery hand full of bubbles. Trying to satiate her latest interest, I decided to give her a bubble bath for the first time last night. It took bathing to a whole new level. She enjoyed every minute of it running her hands through the bubbles and splashing around. This morning, she dragged out her baby shampoo from the bathroom into the living room and asked for bubbles, or as she says it, "bubble." How quickly she learns. Tonight, when we took her out of her cold bathwater, she pitched a fit wanting to stay longer in the bubbles. Did I interrupt an experiment? We just had a cavitation conference here at the University. Had I realized how intense Sophie’s interest was, I would have taken her to hear a conference paper or two as long as it didn't interfere with her nap time. Maybe next year. Perhaps we have a future fluid engineer on our hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment