Thursday, August 20, 2009

Not hoof and mouth disease


This is what a normally happy girl looks like with hand, foot, and mouth disease. Everything I read about Sophie's latest malady, hand, foot and mouth disease, insists that this is *not* hoof and mouth disease. I don't really care if it is or not, I just know that none of us likes it. She's got a very sore mouth so she doesn't want to eat, drink or brush her teeth. And last night, she really didn't want to sleep. What's more, she's very, very irritable, breaking down and crying inconsolably. Apparently it lasts about a week and I think her symptoms started on Sunday. We can only hope that by next Sunday this will all be cleared up.

One thing that has helped keep her occupied is a hand-me-down trike. As you can see in the picture, it has a push bar to help guide/steer her. About half the time she likes to sit and be pushed, the other half, she gets off and pushes it herself. Poor thing can't quite reach the peddles enough to peddle herself and she isn't quite tall enough to push it on her own either. Add that to her list of frustrations. Like the Like-a-Bike, it's also made in Germany. It says the age range is 12 months and up, but at 17 she just barely is big enough. They must have some very big 12 month old German babies.

No comments: