And then she was awake, crying fitfully.
I stood at her door, waiting to see if I should go in or not. When she cried again, I went into her room and bent over her crib to rub her back and see what I could do for her. Vaguely, through the dark of her room, I could see that she was reaching out from the bars of her crib.
I bent down and fumbled around until I found the binky that had fallen out. As I did so, Sophie murmured "Uh oh! Uh oh! Uh oh!"
Then she snatched the binky from my hand, rolled over and went back to sleep.
A couple of nights ago I had similar cause to check on her in the night. I fumbled around in the dark, trying to set things right. I could just barely see her little body as a pale blob lying in her crib. I petted her, straightened her out and waited for her to calm and fall asleep.
Finally I got up and started sneaking to the door. I opened it and looked back at her. Sophie was lying there staring up at me solemnly.
"Good night, Goose," I said, "Sleep tight."
"Bye bye," she said, "Bye bye. Bye bye."
No comments:
Post a Comment