Saturday, February 20, 2010

Damn mouse!

We were playing in the hallway of a small commercial center. When Sophie ran by the post office she suddenly stopped, went to the window and said something that sounded a lot like Mickey Mouse, but I couldn't completely understand her. I couldn't see what she was looking at, so I figured I had just misunderstood her. When I got to the box she was pointing at and saw that it was indeed a picture Mickey Mouse, I was bummed. I want to say horrified, but that really would be embellishing it a bit. Nonetheless, I was frustrated and surprised. She's never seen Mickey Mouse in our house, she doesn't watch TV, she's never seen a movie. The only way she could have picked this up is at school. Grrrrrr. How long until she figures out there is this place called Disney Land?

She did the same thing with Elmo about six months ago, when the nurse asked her who was in the picture she was pointing to. I told her she doesn't know any of the characters, then Sophie blurted out "Elmo!" And at that time, Sophie could barely talk.

No comments: