Tuesday, February 2, 2010

lingering illness

Sophie's still not back 100%. The worst part, I think, is her lingering cough. At night she starts coughing and can't seem to stop, unless she's sleeping with a parent in her futon in her room. I don't think this is a case of being played, but it sort of feels like it. She'll cough nonstop in her crib, but if I pick her up and take her to bed, she calms down. We're on night two of this and I'm torn. On the one hand, she's very calm when she's in bed with me, no coughing; on the other, I fear this might be setting a bad precedent. It would be better if only she shared the bed a bit better. The first night, she kicked my stomach fat all night long, drawing attention to my left over baby tummy. The second, she slept only with her head in my stomach, leaving much of my body without covers and cold. Neither night did I sleep well. I wake up only wanting to go to bed.

No comments: