She's moved on from smiling to laughing now.
At first I thought it was just vocalizing in conjunction with a smile, but now I am prepared to recognize it as laughing.
This morning, while sitting on my chest and smiling down at me, she started coughing. I laid her on her back and she stopped, looking confused. Back on my chest, she gets all happy and starts coughing again. This is when it dawns on me that this is a laugh.
I fear she will be a cackler.
She's a ferocious eater now, and whereas she hardly ever spit up before, now she downs her meals with such slobbering haste that she will sometimes upchuck a bit. Luckily it doesn't seem to faze her.
She has also learned to roar in outraged fury. This morning Annie and I put her in her crib with the elefantes while we, you know, got dressed and scarfed a bit of food ourselves. She was silent, to all intents perfectly contented batting at the elephants, when all of a sudden there was a ferocious cry that demanded IMMEDIATE ATTENTION--RIGHT NOW!
Annie and I rushed in. Sophie saw us and dissolved into smiles. So--the outraged bellow, something new for her repertoire.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment