Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sophie so far

So much going on in the last couple of months!

For the first month she was often doing an imitation of a pirate--one eye closed.

At one month she started really looking at us.

I would take her out for walks in the park in the babyhawk--toward the end of the second month she started staring at the trees.

At 1 1/2 to 2 months she started wanting to sit up and stand a lot.

At about the same time she starting vocalizing fairly consistently.

This past week or so, she's actually been playing with some toys--most notably her elefantes hanging over the crib and a little plastic monkey we got from my dad, I think. We've stopped watching TV around her because she's started paying attention.

She's started to have opinions--she stares in contempt at certain toys and is quite certain that tummy time is no fun. She enjoys being lifted in the air and will occasionally protest vigorously if I stop.

She especially seems to like being pulled into a standing position with her hands. She'll cock her legs and kind of do a crunch while smiling at me as if to say: get on with it! This started about two weeks ago or less.

She enjoys it when we stick our tongues out at her and make razzing noises. This is apparently hilarious.

She has discovered and fallen in love with her feet in the past week and a half or so. She enjoys looking at them, kicking them, kicking them against someone's hand, and having interesting socks on them.

Just yesterday she was in the library in her car seat when she kicked off her receiving blanket. I put it back on. She kicked it off again. I looked at her and she broke into a big wide grin. I covered her up again and she grinned even wider. Blanket goes on--baby kicks it off. This went on for some time.

I think she enjoys her feet so much because she's getting some control over them and thus has some mechanism for effecting change in the world. Other than pooing on it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Yay! A blog all about Sophie!! :) Now....when do I get to meet her?? I just wanna snuggle her up!

Your sister, Karen