On Tuesday (the 17th) she visited a signing class. On Friday (the 20th) she went with us to a party.
She was a bit too young for the signing--though Annie and I enjoyed it. But she did find the other kids, and the toys, and the bubbles, and just the general activity fascinating. She's never been too very enthusiastic about holding her head up for tummy time. I thought she was maybe just lazy, but it turns out she's just been uninspired. When there's something worth looking at (i.e. something other than Annie or my face) she'll apparently push up and look without complaining.
After a while, it got to be too much, and she had to have some quiet time. (I understand completely, I often feel that way after more than an hour in the mall.) Most of the other kids seemed to feel the same way--except for the one little girl who actually was old enough for the signing who kept jumping around, shrieking excitedly and who complained vigorously when it was time to come home. This is behavior I recognize from when Annie and I had the event at Jump City (several bouncy castles in a warehouse): the younger kids/babies don't complain when it's time to go home, but the 3+ set certainly does.
Something to look forward to.
The party on Friday was an end-of-seminar event in somebody's backyard. Sophie was putting on a good show, just generally being cute as she was passed from one female lap to the other (for some reason men hardly never ask to hold babies). At one point she was surrounded by several cooing people all enthusiastically competing to tell her how cute and wonderful she was. She sat there, calm and composed, as she gazed beneficently at her subjects and graciously received their tributes.
She even charmed the few times she cried. "Oh," people said with a laugh, "Oh sweetie, it's okay. How cute!"
WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE AT THREE A.M.?
They laugh when we suggest they spend the night. They think we are joking.
No comments:
Post a Comment