Friday, March 18, 2011

Pink like Foofa

I managed to lose Sophie´s top to her PJs. It´s somewhere in the house, but I didn´t have time to search, so I grabbed her a pair of new PJs. These things were crazy big, but maybe the newness would be enough to get her to overlook the fact that I have no idea where her top is. It worked, but not how I had expected.

PINK, PINK, LIKE FOOFA. I just went with it. Yes, Sophie, pink like Foofa. WITH FLOWERS LIKE FOOFA, TOO. Yep, those too. This later led into a long discussion on how Foofa gets flowers in her head. I started to say that she picks them and puts them in, and then immediately started backpedaling. Good question, Sophie.

Pink has turned into her favorite color recently, which troubles me, but I go with it. Yesterday we could only wear pink pants, today too. I managed to sell her on wearing green pants tomorrow (so I can wash the pink ones) by showing her how they had pink stitching. Then I pulled out a pink polo and showed her how the green horse on them would match the green pants. She loved the shirt. This is the same polo that I have in two other colors, but until the pink one, I have been completely unable to get her to wear for the last six months. At this point at least one is too small, and likely the other. At least the pink one will work for anther season. But maybe I´ll get lucky and she´ll be over pink by then.

No comments: