Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Two things I didn't know she knew about:

Cup holders and war.

She got her new car seat today. It was there waiting for us, in front of the door, when we walked home from school.

She got really excited, so I opened it up.

"I'm big now?" she asked, looking to me for confirmation. And then she set to examining it.

"Dis," she said, pointing to the cup holder (and what does it say about American culture that toddler car seats come with cup holders?), "Dis basket for water bottle. Daddy, I have water bottle now?"

-----

"Pew! Pew! He shoots dem. Dey bad guys!"

"What did you say, Sophie?" her mother and I asked, pivoting simultaneously.

"Dis bad guy. [Redacted] shoot him dead, pew, pew!"

[Redacted] is a little boy at school.

Little boys. Hmmph!

Well, as her mother and I remarked this morning, we made it almost three years.

No comments: